Sunday, February 24, 2008

Social Networking, Facebook, MySpace, etc.

I did most of this assignment quite some time ago, but really don't know what to write about. I'm ambivalent about libraries having Facebook or MySpace accounts, none of the examples seem to get much action from patrons. But I find some aspects of these sites quite interesting. I've been trying to hook up with old friends and acquaintances and have had little success. Pretty tough to find people I knew in College - there were over 30,000 people at UW Madison when I went there. And my old high school pals don't seem to have taken up this medium.

But I did find the Facebook account of one of my husband's nephews, and he actually agreed to be my "friend". I think I've talked more with him since then than everything else since he was about 6 years old.

I do like "simpsonizeme.com" and created the character at left. Fun and easy.

No comments: