Wednesday, October 31, 2007

LibraryThing

Not sure exactly what I think of LibraryThing. I remember that way back before I became a Librarian I tried to "catalog" all of my personal holdings. Never really got that project completed, and pretty much lost interest once I had a "real" library to play with. The ability to keep a list of things I've read is nice, but frankly I used the InfoSoup reading list to help me remember these to add to LibraryThing.

On the other hand, it is certainly easy to use, and easy to link a nice feed to this blog. Not sure anyone else really cares what I've been reading, but if they did it would be easy to tell them. So - Library applications: staff suggestions, program background, featured author's works, .....

The "unsuggester" says that, based on having liked "Water for Elephants" I wouldn't like "Bill Clinton, My Life", so that will save me alot of time. I guess I also won't be reading Wittengenstein's Tractatus logico-philosophicus any time soon.

No comments: