Monday, October 29, 2007

RSS feeds

I just checked the Project Play spreadsheet and notice that I haven't yet completed weeks 3 or 4. Actually, I guess I just didn't write about the related activities here. So, for the record: I've had a bloglines account for some time now, and have found myself in the trap of subscribing to too many things to keep up with.

Lately, I've been using the built in feed reader in IE 7 - much easier, and its all right there in my browser now.

I also use a service called Feed2JS to create a script for use on the APL Intranet that posts the latest 4 headlines from Terry's New Cybrary blog and my New on the Intranet blog on the front page of the Intranet. I really like that utility - it allows our staff to see very easily whether there have been any updates to either of the blogs.

No comments: