Monday, October 29, 2007

SurveyMonkey

Survey Monkey is one very useful tool, in my opinion. I use it in a variety of ways.

Our library does an annual survey of patrons, and for years we have just printed up copies of the survey and had people fill them in. But for the last two years we've also done a Survey Monkey version. We've noticed some significant differences between the in-house people's opinions and the online user's. I'll share more details if you'd like.

I also use it for feedback and requests for links on the Fox Cities Online website. I was getting a huge amount of spam when the link requests were coming via email. Survey Monkey cuts down significantly on the spam.

Both the Library and FOCOL have signed up for "professional" membership in Survey Monkey - that allows us to have more control over things like what happens when people complete the survey, and it lets us put a personalized logo on each survey.

No comments: